: Consistently Inconsistent!
When purchasing natural branches such as Manzanita, Curly
Willow and Birch, keep in mind that they are unlike other decorative
branches used for floral design. Each one is an individual shape and
sculpture, and may take on a variety of shapes and variations. Most
professional centerpieces are created using several branches to achieve a
full look, so always consider purchasing additional pieces or fillers.
This needs to be a first consideration when purchasing your branches. It's best to order your branches all at once.
If you place an order today, and another order in a week, you will
nearly always see a difference in the product. This is because the
harvest areas change every 2-4 days, resulting in changes in the
harvested product. No two harvests are ever the same.
The following characteristics of birch branches are naturally occurring, and are a part of working with the material.
Characteristics of Curly Willow:
- Shape: shapes vary with each piece, harvest, and time of year.
- Branch Color: colors range from golden, reddish, to light green, depending on the current supply and time of year
- Size: sizes are approximate and vary with each piece, harvest, and time of year.
- Bark: Curly Willow material ususally ships fresh, and can arrive either fresh, semi-dried or completely dried.
- Leaves: leaves are mechanically or manually removed, depending on the current season, harvest or time of year.
- Adornments: Curly Willow is NOT SUITABLE for hanging votive candles. Use manzanita instead.