Beautiful Alder poles, in a bundle of five. These are the straightest natural poles available, and an alternative to Birch. They can be painted. Each piece is 84" (7 ft) tall, approximately. This is a natural product with varying attributes- the diameter will vary from top to bottom, and from pieces to piece. Usually, but not always, it will be approximately 1 inch to 1.5 inches.
Please read the Manzanita/Natural Branch Buyer's Guide for information on the characteristics of this material prior to purchasing.
: Consistently Inconsistent!
When purchasing natural branches such as Manzanita, Curly
Willow and Birch, keep in mind that they are unlike other decorative
branches used for floral design. Each one is an individual shape and
sculpture, and may take on a variety of shapes and variations. Most
professional centerpieces are created using several branches to achieve a
full look, so always consider purchasing additional pieces or fillers.
This needs to be a first consideration when purchasing your branches. It's best to order your branches all at once.
If you place an order today, and another order in a week, you will
nearly always see a difference in the product. This is because the
harvest areas change every 2-4 days, resulting in changes in the
harvested product. No two harvests are ever the same.
The following characteristics of birch branches are naturally occurring, and are a part of working with the material.
Characteristics of Birch Branches:
- Shape: Birch branches and trees are a larger diameter on the bottom, and taper to a small diameter tip on the top.
- Branch Color: colors range from ash white or brown at the bottom to a dark brown to reddish brown at the top, depending on the current supply and time of year.
- Size: sizes are approximate and vary with each piece, harvest, and time of year.
- Bark: Birch bark can be pealing or smooth, depending on the current harvest and time of year.
- Leaves: leaves are mechanically or manually removed, depending on the current season, harvest or time of year.
- Adornments: Birch trees are suitable for hanging adornments, while birch branches are sometimes too vertical to hang items from. Flowers, either fresh or silk, work well with all birch branches.