Full size Manzanita tree, 72" tall. Natural color. Use these trees to flank an alter or entrance to a venue.
These full sized trees are available via local pick up, or you must arrange for for your own freight. Please note that this item is non-returnable and non-refundable and cannot be expedited.
- We require 7 business days to assemble your order once you have
confirmed shipping. For larger orders we may require 2 business weeks to
assemble your order.
- This item is available for store pick-up if you are in the Southern California area. (By Appointment Only)
- We do not treat these items for pests, due to possible harm to humans and pets. They leave our warehouse pest-free. Please note that they may acquire insects en-route, or at your final destination. Blooms and Branches is not responsible for any infestations observed after delivery to your destination.
- Please read the Manzanita Buyer's Guide before purchasing manzanita branches.
From time to time, customers will ask us about the sustainability of the
products we sell, such as Manzanita and Birch. The answer is simple:
all of our natural products are harvested under very strict harvesting
permits issued by the US Forest Service, within very specific harvest
areas that are constantly changing. The guidelines for the actual
harvest method is also strictly monitored, and actually assists in the
governments' environmental management and fire abatement programs.
Every Manzanita branch is unique. The Manzanita photo for this product is a random example and is not the actual piece shipped.
: Consistently Inconsistent!
When purchasing natural branches such as Manzanita, Curly
Willow and Birch, keep in mind that they are unlike other decorative
branches used for floral design. Each one is an individual shape and
sculpture, and may take on a variety of shapes and variations. Most
professional centerpieces are created using several branches to achieve a
full look, so always consider purchasing additional pieces or fillers.
This needs to be a first consideration when purchasing your branches. It's best to order your branches all at once.
If you place an order today, and another order in a week, you will
nearly always see a difference in the product. This is because the
harvest areas change every 2-4 days, resulting in changes in the
harvested product. No two harvests are ever the same.Adapting Manzanita for Non-Centerpiece Use:
Our branches are
harvested specifically for centerpiece use, and our suppliers are
instructed to harvest the most symmetrical pieces available. They are
generally not suitable for hanging on a wall, or placing flat against a
vertical surface. Symmetrical pieces must be CUT OR TRIMMED for other
specific uses. We DO NOT GUARANTEE that any cutting or trimming
techniques will adapt your branches for the intended use.
The following characteristics of manzanita branches are naturally occurring, and are a part of working with the material.Characteristics of Natural (red) Manzanita:
- Shape: shapes vary with each piece, harvest area, and
time of year. Manzanita can typically grow wide and flat rather than
symmetrically, although we try to always ship more symmetrical pieces..
- Branches: branches can vary greatly in diameter with each piece.
- Size: sizes are approximate and vary with each piece, harvest area, and time of year.
- Bark: color and condition of the bark will vary with each season,
harvest area and time of year. Spring through Summer (six month period),
Manzanita bark will regenerate and peeling will take place. To remove
loose or peeling bark, use a soft brush. For stubborn areas, use a light
wire brush. Some branches may turn a gray color, which is normal. If
the entire branch or tree turns gray, please send us photos so that we
can assist you with this. For peeling and gray areas, the best solution
is to touch up with floral paint, such as Design Master's "October
Brown" floral paint available at Michael's Crafts.As a
courtesy to our customers, our staff will often color treat pieces
before shipping to even out the color for consistency. If you do not
wish to have color treatment performed, please indicate at checkout.
- Spring and Summer Harvest: Spring through Summer (six month period),
Manzanita bark will regenerate and peeling will take place.
- Age: Manzanita branches will last indefinitely (we
have centerpieces in our showroom that are several years old). Cracks
and splits will occur as the wood naturally cures, however this will not
cause them to break in half, fall apart, etc. Using the floral paint
mentioned above to add color into the spliting areas makes them
- Leaves: leaves are mechanically or manually removed, depending on the current season, harvest or time of year.