Sandblasted Manzanita Wish Tree Starter Kit. Your guests will love this idea, inspired by a European wedding tradition! Shipping included (continental USA).
Add crystal strands or flowers, and fill the containers with a material of your choice. This starter kit includes two 24" sandblasted manzanita branches, two 6 x 4 x 4 square wooden containers, and a template document to download and print your wish cards. One kit should be sufficient for 50 to 75 wish cards. Instructions for putting your trees together can be viewed here.
Items needed: hot glue gun, two foam blocks, and box filler materials (all available at Michaels' Crafts).
Perforated business cards, Avery model 8371 (Office Depot or OfficeMax).
Each kit includes:
- Two (2) 24" sandblasted manzanita branches
- Two (2) 6 x 4 x 4 square wooden containers
- Each kit will sufficiently hold 50 to 75 wish cards
- Wish card template - Click here to download
- Assembly instructions - Click here to view
- Shipping included within the continental USA. Other destinations require additional shipping.
- Note: sandblasted branches have approximately 20% to 30% less branches due to the sandblasting process.
: Consistently Inconsistent!
When purchasing natural branches such as Manzanita, Curly
Willow and Birch, keep in mind that they are unlike other decorative
branches used for floral design. Each one is an individual shape and
sculpture, and may take on a variety of shapes and variations. Most
professional centerpieces are created using several branches to achieve a
full look, so always consider purchasing additional pieces or fillers.
This needs to be a first consideration when purchasing your branches. It's best to order your branches all at once.
If you place an order today, and another order in a week, you will
nearly always see a difference in the product. This is because the
harvest areas change every 2-4 days, resulting in changes in the
harvested product. No two harvests are ever the same.
The following characteristics of manzanita branches are naturally occurring, and are a part of working with the material.
Characteristics of Sandblasted Manzanita:
- Shape: shapes vary with each piece, harvest area, and time of year.
- Branches: Sandblasting removes 20% to 30% of the smaller branches, all of the red bark, and a thin portion of the ivory colored wood underneath the bark. The branches are sparse as a result.
- Size: sizes are approximate and vary with each piece, harvest area, and time of year.
- Bark: the natural red bark is removed in the sandblasting process, leaving the ivory wood exposed. The ivory color may appear in different shades depending on the piece, harvest area, and time of year. Freshly sandblasted branches may have a bright honeydew shade, which is a remnant of the red bark, and dissipates to ivory usually within days. Brown or reddish grains and ribbons may or may not appear in each individual piece, depending on the particular characteristics of each piece.
Make sure to store in a cool, dry place to avoid discoloration or mold which may occur in humid or damp conditions.
- Age: Manzanita branches last indefinitely. Cracks and splits will occur as the wood naturally cures, however this will not cause them to break in half, fall apart, etc.
- Leaves: leaves are mechanically or manually removed, depending on the current season, harvest or time of year.