CLEARANCE SALE - SHIPPING INCLUDED! Create a wider, fuller look with Sandblasted Manzanita Filler Pieces. Most Manzanita grows somewhat narrow or flat, and filler pieces make all the difference! Use 1 or 2 per centerpiece. Two pieces shown in photo.
Each piece is approximately 30 inches long. Two or three pieces can sometimes be combined on their own to create a separate centerpiece, although are best suited for trimming and used as additions. Please read the Manzanita Buyer's Guide before purchasing manzanita branches.
- NOTE: Not as full as our regular branches. These are best when used as supplements.
- Approximately 24"-30"
- Two pieces shown in photo
- While supplies last
- Limited availability - not a regular stocked item
- Shipping to Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Canada, Guam and US Virgin Islands require additional shipping fees. We do not ship to Europe.
: Consistently Inconsistent!
When purchasing natural branches such as Manzanita, Curly
Willow and Birch, keep in mind that they are unlike other decorative
branches used for floral design. Each one is an individual shape and
sculpture, and may take on a variety of shapes and variations. Most
professional centerpieces are created using several branches to achieve a
full look, so always consider purchasing additional pieces or fillers.
This needs to be a first consideration when purchasing your branches. It's best to order your branches all at once.
If you place an order today, and another order in a week, you will
nearly always see a difference in the product. This is because the
harvest areas change every 2-4 days, resulting in changes in the
harvested product. No two harvests are ever the same.
The following characteristics of manzanita branches are naturally occurring, and are a part of working with the material.
Characteristics of Sandblasted Manzanita:
- Shape: shapes vary with each piece, harvest area, and time of year.
- Branches: Sandblasting removes 20% to 30% of the smaller branches, all of the red bark, and a thin portion of the ivory colored wood underneath the bark. The branches are sparse as a result.
- Size: sizes are approximate and vary with each piece, harvest area, and time of year.
- Bark: the natural red bark is removed in the sandblasting process, leaving the ivory wood exposed. The ivory color may appear in different shades depending on the piece, harvest area, and time of year. Freshly sandblasted branches may have a bright honeydew shade, which is a remnant of the red bark, and dissipates to ivory usually within days. Brown or reddish grains and ribbons may or may not appear in each individual piece, depending on the particular characteristics of each piece.
Make sure to store in a cool, dry place to avoid
discoloration or mold which may occur in humid or damp conditions.
- Age: Manzanita branches last indefinitely. Cracks and splits will occur as the wood naturally cures, however this will not cause them to break in half, fall apart, etc.
- Leaves: leaves are mechanically or manually removed, depending on the current season, harvest or time of year.