Two Sandblasted Manzanita branches, shipping included! 18" tall. For hanging crystals or tealights, please purchase our larger sizes which are suitable for this use.
Our discounted shipping on this item is 10% lower than the standard FedEx rate!
- View a manzanita size chart here.
- Sandblasted manzanita is much more sparse than natural. The process removes many of the smaller branches.
- Please read the Manzanita Buyer's Guide before purchasing manzanita branches.
- Branch size is a minimum of 18". May be slightly larger depending on the harvest and time of year, and may require trimming.
- All sandblasted products are not treated with any chemicals.
- Shipping is included within the contiguous United States only.
From time to time, customers will ask us about the sustainability of the
products we sell, such as Manzanita and Birch. The answer is simple:
all of our natural products are harvested under very strict harvesting
permits issued by the US Forest Service, within very specific harvest
areas that are constantly changing. The guidelines for the actual
harvest method is also strictly monitored, and actually assists in the
governments' environmental management and fire abatement programs.
Every Manzanita branch is unique. The Manzanita photo for this product is a random example and is not the actual piece shipped.
: Consistently Inconsistent!
When purchasing natural branches such as Manzanita, Curly
Willow and Birch, keep in mind that they are unlike other decorative
branches used for floral design. Each one is an individual shape and
sculpture, and may take on a variety of shapes and variations. Most
professional centerpieces are created using several branches to achieve a
full look, so always consider purchasing additional pieces or fillers.
This needs to be a first consideration when purchasing your branches. It's best to order your branches all at once.
If you place an order today, and another order in a week, you will
nearly always see a difference in the product. This is because the
harvest areas change every 2-4 days, resulting in changes in the
harvested product. No two harvests are ever the same.
Returns on harvested products (branches):
Nearly all floral suppliers will not offer returns on harvested material. We do offer a limited return window. Please see our return policy
for more information.Adapting Manzanita for Non-Centerpiece Use:
Our branches are
harvested specifically for centerpiece use, and our suppliers are
instructed to harvest the most symmetrical pieces available. They are
generally not suitable for hanging on a wall, or placing flat against a
vertical surface. Symmetrical pieces must be CUT OR TRIMMED for other
specific uses. We DO NOT GUARANTEE that any cutting or trimming
techniques will adapt your branches for the intended use.
The following characteristics of manzanita branches are naturally occurring, and are a part of working with the material.
Characteristics of Sandblasted Manzanita:
- Shape: shapes vary with each piece, harvest area, and time of year.
- Branches: Sandblasting removes 20% to 30% of the smaller branches, all of the red bark, and a thin portion of the ivory colored wood underneath the bark. The branches are sparse as a result.
- Size: sizes are approximate and vary with each piece, harvest area, and time of year.
- Bark: the natural red bark is removed in the sandblasting process, leaving the ivory wood exposed. The ivory color may appear in different shades depending on the piece, harvest area, and time of year. Some sandblasted manzanita may appear tan, while freshly sandblasted branches may have a bright honeydew shade, which is a remnant of the red bark, and dissipates to ivory usually within days. Brown or reddish grains and ribbons may or may not appear in each individual piece, depending on the particular characteristics of each piece. Make sure to store in a cool, dry place to avoid discoloration or mold which may occur in humid or damp conditions.
- Age: Manzanita branches last indefinitely. Cracks and splits will occur as the wood naturally cures, however this will not cause them to break in half, fall apart, etc.
- Leaves: leaves are mechanically or manually removed, depending on the current season, harvest or time of year.