Undecided on what size of of branches to use for your centerpieces? Try our Sample Pack of natural red Manzanita in three different sizes and compare! Consists of one large box containing one piece of 12" natural red Manzanita, one piece of 18" natural red Manzanita and one piece of 24" natural red manzanita . SHIPPING INCLUDED!
- One piece of 14" tall natural red manzaznita branch
- One piece of 18" tall natural red manzaznita branch
- One piece of 24" tall natural red manzanita branch
- Shipping included (continental USA only - Canada, Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii, USVI, Guam require additional shipping). Ships via FedEx SmartPost. Transit time: 7-9 days to the East Coast.
- View a manzanita size chart here.
- Please read the Manzanita Buyer's Guide before purchasing manzanita branches.
Every Manzanita branch is unique. The Manzanita photo for this product is a random example and is not the actual piece shipped.
: Consistently Inconsistent!
When purchasing natural branches such as Manzanita, Curly
Willow and Birch, keep in mind that they are unlike other decorative
branches used for floral design. Each one is an individual shape and
sculpture, and may take on a variety of shapes and variations. Most
professional centerpieces are created using several branches to achieve a
full look, so always consider purchasing additional pieces or fillers.
This needs to be a first consideration when purchasing your branches. It's best to order your branches all at once.
If you place an order today, and another order in a week, you will
nearly always see a difference in the product. This is because the
harvest areas change every 2-4 days, resulting in changes in the
harvested product. No two harvests are ever the same.Adapting Manzanita for Non-Centerpiece Use:
Our branches are
harvested specifically for centerpiece use, and our suppliers are
instructed to harvest the most symmetrical pieces available. They are
generally not suitable for hanging on a wall, or placing flat against a
vertical surface. Symmetrical pieces must be CUT OR TRIMMED for other
specific uses. We DO NOT GUARANTEE that any cutting or trimming
techniques will adapt your branches for the intended use.
The following characteristics of manzanita branches are naturally occurring, and are a part of working with the material.Characteristics of Natural (red) Manzanita:
- Shape: shapes vary with each piece, harvest area, and
time of year. Manzanita can typically grow wide and flat rather than
symmetrically, although we try to always ship more symmetrical pieces..
- Branches: branches can vary greatly in diameter with each piece.
- Size: sizes are approximate and vary with each piece, harvest area, and time of year.
- Bark: color and condition of the bark will vary with each season,
harvest area and time of year. Spring through Summer (six month period),
Manzanita bark will regenerate and peeling will take place. To remove
loose or peeling bark, use a soft brush. For stubborn areas, use a light
wire brush. Some branches may turn a gray color, which is normal. If
the entire branch or tree turns gray, please send us photos so that we
can assist you with this. For peeling and gray areas, the best solution
is to touch up with floral paint, such as Design Master's "October
Brown" floral paint available at Michael's Crafts.
- Spring and Summer Harvest: Spring through Summer (six month period),
Manzanita bark will regenerate and peeling will take place.
- Age: Manzanita branches will last indefinitely (we
have centerpieces in our showroom that are several years old). Cracks
and splits will occur as the wood naturally cures, however this will not
cause them to break in half, fall apart, etc. Using the floral paint
mentioned above to add color into the spliting areas makes them
- Leaves: leaves are mechanically or manually removed, depending on the current season, harvest or time of year.